Stepping closer to progress, sciatica free
If your sciatica pain is ongoing and left untreated it can progress, and prevent you from doing the things you love. Gentle chiropractic is a great alternative to pain medication.
How do we treat sciatica?
It all starts with a detailed chiropractic neurological and spinal mechanics examination and reviewing your diagnostic imaging.
- The Neuro-Spine Method, created by Dr. Poli, to boost your Brain-Body communication by unlocking the spine, ensuring optimal alignment and flexibility without manipulations (cracking) of the spine.
- Cold laser therapy to help with nerve inflammation and repair.
- Stretching Exercises for the lower back, pelvis and legs.
- Learn preventative measures such as new ergonomic sitting habits or an ergonomic chair.
- Personalized nutritional recommendations to help you to reduce Inflammation-producing foods in your diet.
If you live in the Barcelona area and have sciatica pain, and are looking for real solutions, we are ready to help you!
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is the name for pain that radiates in a buttock or the back of a leg, due to irritation, inflammation or a pulled or compressed sciatic nerve.
What may cause Sciatica?
It can arise after a fall or injury to your back, and result in misaligned lower back vertebrae and produce numbness, tingling or weakness in the legs.
When a lower back disc hernia is present, it is not uncommon symptom.
If you are sitting long hours in an improper chair, it can contribute to the onset of sciatica; by irritating the piriformis muscle in the buttocks and placing direct pressure on the sciatic nerve traveling down the back of the leg.
Depending on the side of the sciatica, Dr Muriel Poli may use Applied Kinesiology and her examination to see if there is liver congestion or colon inflammation, which may contribute to sciatic nerve irritation.
If sciatica pain is ongoing and left untreated it can progress, and prevent you from living your life and doing the things you love.
Gentle chiropractic is a great alternative to pain and anti-inflammatory medication.